←  Статьи, рецензии, интервью, новости

Стивен Кинг.ру - Творчество Стивена Кинга - Форум

»

Q&A with Stephen King

фотография ged 20 дек 2006

Изображение

Q&A with Stephen King

Author Stephen King discussed Marvel's comic book adaptation of his Dark Tower novels in an exchange of emails with USA TODAY's David Colton:

Q: How much involvement on the plot and dialogue with writers Peter David and Robin Furth did you have on The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born? And did you work with artist Jae Lee on the look and feel of the books?

King: "I had a lot of involvement in casting the course of the narrative, and in fact suggested that these illustrated narratives should focus on Roland's young manhood. Beyond that, I wanted to give a lot of the control over to these other imaginations, which I had come to respect.

"The first few issues, I should add, are almost entirely drawn from the books. Readers will recognize them and hopefully be as thrilled as I am. And I know Jae Lee's work well enough to trust him entirely. It pays off. His work has never been better."

Q: You've done a bit of comic book work in the past, but comic fans have asked why you haven't done more. Can you talk about your childhood favorites and whether that four-color world has informed your body of work in ways obvious or subtle?

King: "Short answer to part A? I haven't been asked that often and really, the press of my own work the last few years has been intense. I'm in a constant race with my own imagination, and imagination usually wins.

"Childhood faves? That's easy. Plastic Man. Little Lulu. Uncle $crooge (Donald never interested me in the slightest). Classics Comics. And, of course, the EC horror comics. The four-color world, as you call it, has always had a strong influence on my work, particularly Salem's Lot and The Stand."

Q: Of all your works, why did you settle on Dark Tower and Roland as the one to adapt to graphic form? What convinced you that now was the time?

King: "The time was right because the right people appeared. And since there will probably never be a Dark Tower/Gunslinger movie, this is the next closest thing. And it's a hauntingly pretty thing, as it turns out."

Q: What happens when novelist meets comic book? Is it an expansive experience or does the artwork make it all feel somehow too literal?

King: "Not too literal, no. More phantasmagoric than ever. And it's a true collaboration especially the narrative panels. Do I absolutely love everything? Nope. It's a collaboration. But I absolutely love a lot, and in an imperfect world, that's just about Nirvana."

Q: Finally, were you Batman or Superman? Marvel or DC? Can we expect your take on Galactus someday?

King: "Batman forever, of course. Supes was too darned perfect. Besides, I kept wondering what happened to his —uh, waste matter. Were they truly Turds of Steel? Ah, the questions of youth are long, long questions!"

Оригинал см. здесь.
Ответить

фотография LifeKILLED 21 дек 2006

Судя по тому, что Кинг написал в Пляске Смерти о комиксах, он их еще как уважает. А вот о "графическом воплощении ТБ"... Да уж, я того же мнения. Но, однако, фильм-то все равно будет, и Кинг от этого никуда не денется :)
Ответить