• Вы не можете ответить в тему
В этой теме нет ответов

#1 ged

Стрелок

• ШерифШериф
  • 2 571 сообщений
  • Из: Россия

Отправлено: 01 Август 2003 - 13:56:15

Стивен Кинг решил попробовать себя в роли обозревателя новостей американской поп культуры еженедельника Entertainment Weekly.

Раз в месяц журнал будет публиковать его опусы, за что Стиву обещают платить $60000/год.

Статья была опубликована в конце июля на http://nypost.com/business/kelly.htm, но сейчас там уже дургая "новость дня" :)

THE KING OF POP CULTURE
by KEITH J. KELLY

July 30, 2003 -- ENTERTAINMENT Weekly Managing Editor Rick Tetzeli is turning to a celebrity writer - chiller author Stephen King - to pen a monthly opinion column on American pop culture.

He takes over the back page, where the snarky humorist Joel Stein reigned for six short months before being fired.

Why did King, one of the best-selling name-brand authors in America, decide to do the column for the magazine?

"They asked me," said King, who at the moment is also working on a new ABC TV series about a haunted hospital, "Kingdom Hospital."

"That's where a lot of my energy has gone lately," said King of the TV gig.

"Eventually I hope to do another book," he said, but added that he's currently not working on one.

The first EW column from King hits at the end of this week.

Sources say he is believed to be getting about $5,000 a column - or $60,000 a year.

King said the pay per column was "low four figures."

Stein was fired two months ago at EW and sent packing back to Time magazine, where he had been stripped of his weekly humor column by Managing Editor Jim Kelly in the serious days after the 9/11 attacks.

Told yesterday that EW had finally found a replacement, Stein said, "Wow. Being replaced by Stephen King. I'm honored."

Then he wondered, "Will he write about Britney Spears? I'd like to read that. I think he should have every column end with a gory death."

King, however, says he wants to apply a lighter touch than what he uses in his dark novels.

"I think I'd like to be funny," said King.  "In a short period of time, it grabs people more than anything else."

...Так что, скоро мы узнаем о том, как Стив относится к душке Бритни, Селин Дион и т.п.
Изображение Изображение

ИСПОЛЬЗОВАНИЕ МАТЕРИАЛОВ САЙТА ВОЗМОЖНО ТОЛЬКО С РАЗРЕШЕНИЯ АВТОРОВ И УКАЗАНИЯ ССЫЛКИ НА САЙТ Стивен Кинг.ру - Творчество Стивена Кинга!
ЗАМЕТИЛИ ОШИБКУ? Напишите нам об этом!
Яндекс.Метрика